Thursday, May 14, 2009

Time to Be Careful

I started on ths walkabout with an open mind, ready to listen to the views of others, ready to encounter strange and wonderful things.

A series of tp's last night took me into lands where people seem to relish the pain and degredation of others. At Kajira Falls, I saw posters selling wounds and injuries for your avi. At Talender Estates the notecard advised that this was "generally a safe place". The City of Tor warned me not to step off the paths. On Harlequin, there was a big dark castle and the group members all had "blood-something" in their names. A series of islands named "Hsinjui Fantasy" were blocked from entry, and frankly, I don't want to know why.

Freedom is very important to me, so I am not saying avatars should not be free to chop away at each other, or find their thrills in torture and bondage and fangs. SL is, after all, an escape.

Yet I have found, in my long life, that when you ask darkness into your life, it has a tendency to stay well past its welcome. I will tread softly in these lands, and stay only as long as necessary. And when my walkabout is over, I will never touch those shores again.

No comments:

Post a Comment