Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back in the saddle again



So where were you when USA landed on the moon? July 11, 1969 - I was working at my first job - I was a telephone operator for Southwestern Bell, Houston TX. We got to take a break that evening in time to crowd into the break room and watch Cronkite. Now I can go to SL and suit up (but obviously I chose not to mess up my hair with a confining space helmet). Check it out at 183,213,22 Apollo Landing.






From the moon to underwater (again, no sensible helmet) at Heart Reef Resort 223,27,2 - this is the mermaid tour. Now and then an Orca drifts by, and a clueless harbor seal (Orcas eat harbor seals), but all is peaceful and pretty and you can curl up with your SOOD (Signficiant Other Of the Day) in an oyster shell and watch the fish drift by.


From the moon to underwater to the future, where apparently, you can still get pizza delivered. This was Bladerunner City, 126,130,433 - great concept, but needs some work. There is a big scary robot that I could not sit on, interesting art but not enough of it, and of course, nobody was there. Not even Harrison Ford. Damn.

1 comment:

  1. I did the moon thing also... little known fact: If you walk to the south, there is a deep crater. Stroll to the bottom of the crater and there is the monolith from "2001 Space Odyssey" - touch it and it makes the sound-chorus from the film. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete